Permits and Visas

International students wishing to register with a College - member of the Hellenic Colleges’ Association are advised to contact the International Office of their College, which will provide all necessary information regarding admission, student visas, residence permits, accommodation, bank accounts etc and will support them with all relevant procedures.
Useful information on visas can be found at

Applying for a Student Visa:
To apply for a student visa international students are required to contact the Greek Consulate of their country of residence to schedule an appointment.
We recommend that you contact a Greek Consulate as early as possible -at least ten weeks before the start date of your course- to make sure your visa is issued on time for your studies.

Once an appointment is set at a Greek Consulate, you will have to present all necessary documentation for your visa to be issued. You are advised to contact the Greek Consulate directly to confirm the list of documents required.

Normally, Greek Consulates require the following:
1) Student’s original, current and valid passport & photocopy
2) Visa Application Form (provided at the Greek Consulates)
3) Official Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from your College in Greece
4) Official Approval Letter from Greek Ministry of Education
5) English Language Certification
6) Criminal record / Police clearance document
7) Health Certificate from Public Hospital
8) Receipt of Tuition and Fees
9) Two (2) photographs
10) Proof of Health Insurance
11) Proof of Accommodation (hotel bookings or rental agreement)
12) Proof of student’s financial status in the form of a bank draft or tax returns. Non-EU travelers must hold visible means of financial support to cover their stay in Greece amounting to €500 or its equivalent per month.
13) Interview with the Consular Officer

Please, be informed that students themselves are the only responsible for complying with all standing immigration requirements under Greek law throughout their studies in Greece.

Acquiring a Residence Permit – Maintaining Legal Status in Greece:
Upon arriving in Greece, you will be required to register with the local immigration office to extend your visa and acquire a Residence Permit. The International Office of your College will advise you on the process.

Subscribe our Newsletter